Saturday, January 12, 2008
























Friday night I had to convince Calvin to give me a ride to the Oral Surgeons so I could get my dry socket re-packed for the 3rd time! I did not get to attend the show I planned on going to at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts (that I actually made the flyer for) that featured an interesting workshop about anti-recruitment methods and some good bands like C.O.C.O. & Gumar and his Magical Midi Band. I was also interested in seeing Eden rap in his group Saints of Everyday Failure. anyways, all I did is watch the commentary for FITZCARALLDO which was amazing and pass out.

I woke up this morning several times, constantly swallowing something distasteful, perhaps it could be the packing that is smothered in clove juice (this stuff makes everything taste like clove cigarettes and the taste has been in my mouth for almost a week now)...yes, that is what it is....and guess what...oh that throbbing pain to my ear is back! awesome. so I called Dr. Jacksons answering service and he eventually called me back after an hour and says "hmm...maybe we'll try something else...I guess I can come in later after the Seahawks game. why don't you call me in a bit so we can arrange something?" then I replied "get back MOTHERFUCKER YOU DON'T KNOW ME LIKE THAT!" and he says "or I can call you?". so Mykey takes me at 4:30 to get this shit repacked for the 4th time and he puts something else in that is "real stiff" and will have to be taken out on Monday. he also says "yeaaaa....I think you may have an infection in there now....here is a prescription for 30 Penicillin". Shit man! I have been on Vicoden for a week now....thats the last thing I fucking want. So I go to Group Health and luckily there is no one there and I am helped immedietly, cause I am biting on gauze and the hot fire sensation is really getting to my head. The smiley lady says..."what's going to happen here is that you're actually getting 60 Penicillin because our Penicilllan our half the strength" "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" I start to tell all the friendly pharmacists behind the counter, and luckily Mykey shows up...cause I am having a crisis!

Mykey takes me to Rainy Day, whew...and I rent DELIVERANCE starring Burt Reynolds & Jon Voight a cutting-edge, survival vs. nature film. I did watch FITZCARRALDO last night, seemed appropriate for the 2nd night in a row. Although this movie will probably be alot funnier...unless, Burt Reynolds can pull off a roll like Klaus Kinski. I also rented Samuel Fuller's I SHOT JESSE JAMES, his 1949 directorial debut. I am excited to see the new film starring Brad Pitt & Casey Affleck...thank Walter that the Olympia Film Society will be getting it in a matter of weeks! I missed it at big theaters. (why the hell isn't THERE WILL BE BLOOD showing at these crummy big theaters in Olympia?) I don't care if that pisses people like Brian Nicholson off. Yea! take that Brian Nicholson! just kidding, you're alright in my book Brian Nicholson. eating those muffins on Cooper Pt. & Harrison all the time, like a real champion of the people.

at any rate, the song of the day is THE WARLORDS "Real Fine Lady" off of Back from the Grave Vol. 5. That song is so killer in all my drugged up sleepiness I start dancing all over the living room until I look out my giant window and see 4 people starring at me. I never feel embarrassed for dancing, but all of a sudden...I just sat down. strange.

this morning i started BORN STANDING UP by Steve Martin. I have been a (early) Steve Martin since my Uncle John & Daniel got me into his stand up when I was like 8 or 9. I am over half way through and it is very good.

thanks Brent Meador! you called me today, and how do you say...."lighted up my life". (this is a reference to a tee shirt)

oh shit! I forgot to complain about not being able to attend the OK OK Gallery in Seattle, Washington. There was a little get together and recordings of my buddy Warren's group Problems were being listened to. These recordings were made in an abondoned nuclear silo in western Washington (I think) and I bet they arethe shit! even if the jams were really really bad, it would have been great to see Warren. even with dry socket.

Benny P. posted an incredible Prince music video of "Party Man" from the BATMAN soundtrack on my myspace account today. I never even knew there was a video for that...it's so ridiculous...especially the part where he gives the monkey a banana, and when the monkey goes to peel it, it says "Psyche".

I must also note that Ness has been one hell of a good buddy to me this past week, she made me delicious smoothies several times...and even said "don't worry, I'll do the dishes". she even watches movies with me even when she knows she should be reading for art club. what a lady.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I have no idea why that would bother me. I missed The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford in big theaters too, even though we were both invited to see it with Jared and Sandra during the film festival.

Steve Martin is great. Too bad about the large amount of pills. Can you eat soups, or does that count as solid food because there's solids in it?

Benjamin Parrish said...

joel- do you work tomorrow? i'm going t obe in oly for like 3 hours... hahaha

Unknown said...

"even if the jams were really really bad"
thanks alot!
actually the jams WERE pretty bad, so don't feel bad about missing it.

I think you need to find a better tooth surgeon. sounds awful. they got you hooked on vicodin and cloves. now weak ass antibiotics? shit.