Friday, January 18, 2008

last night, while watching THE ENIGMA OF KASPER HAUSER, I noticed that the piano player was playing a very recognizable tune. After really thinking about it...I thought "oh I know! Popul Vuh does this song, but epic rock style". later on I realized that the piano player was actually Florian Fricke of Popul Vuh!

I am listening to Popul Vuh right now and thinking about how awesome they were.


I have a stack of books I have to read, most of which have been borrowed and I feel the pressure to read them quick. I think I'll read HERSELF SUPRISED by Joyce Cary. One of the books in the same trilogy as THE HORSES MOUTH. This one takes the point of view of Sara Monday, and Calvin says it makes Gully Jimson look like such an asshole...which is kind of strange, cause in his book THE HORSES MOUTH he is just a wacky eccentric who is just inconsiderate and an alchoholic. Adam lent me HERZOG ON HERZOG which looks pretty exciting and I also have VARITIES OF SCIENTIFIC EXPERIENCE by Carl Sagan which belongs to Ness. Instead of actually reading these books I am just wasting time blogging.

Ness just made my favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies that we got from the allrecipes.com that doesn't require eggs...oh so delicious! they were my first cookies since my wisdom teeth were removed and probably since last year! first cookies of 2008!

No comments: