Saturday, February 09, 2008

I got all these LP's this weekend!




so far the best song award on this Turkish Psych comp. of jams from 67-73, goes to Erkin Koray: (this song in the video is not the same song)::








































on Thursday I saw THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES... and it was pretty good. A little too long, but the acting wasn't bad and there were some really nice looking scenes although the projector had it out of focus the whole time.

Benny P. Baggins came to kick it yesterday after he hung up his artwork at the Olympia Film Society & we ate delicious dumpling stew & salad with lots of yummy beer and then we watched THE RUNNING MAN.



maybe some people have changed their minds about this, but I personally feel like these are still 2 of the greatest movies of the 90's ever:

Wayne's World


BATMAN


I'll never forget the day this movie came out and I was all set to go see it, and my grandmother saw it before me(!?) and she calls my mom and says it "isn't appropriate". that was the first and last time I cried.

here is a really crappy (quality that is) picture of the gang at pizza club 3 weeks ago:
there's Jeremy, me, Colleen, Tricia, Kristen, Calvin, & Madt

2 comments:

Brian said...

Batman came out in 1989. It is almost definitely one of the best movies of the eighties.

I have a similar story about Batman Returns.

I think there's going to be a falafel party at my house this week, you may be invited.

Anonymous said...

right now im watching the movie batman from 1964 with adam west/burt ward. it is fucking incredible. it takes less than 2 minutes from the start of the movie for batman to be fighting off a shark while hanging off a ladder attached to a helicopter flying over an imaginary yacht in the middle of the ocean. batman=yes.