Friday, April 18, 2008

yesterday, I spent all day reading at the Evergreen LP & Slide Collection room while I made 2 cassettes: the first being a 90 minute sound collage of traditional African music from every region available & the 2nd was a copy of the 3rd Volume Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music and damnnnnn it is good! so far one of my favorite tracks is a really strange cover of "Blueberry Hill"...sung in a language that I don't think is actually a language and the guitar playing is incredibly unique and kind of bad.

yesterday Judith showed me how to make a CMYK silk screen print and I am so stoked! I think I'll find a picture to use right now!

tonight I am working at the Capitol checking ID's for the Hells Belles show. Hells Belles is an all girl AC/DC cover band...whoa! hopefully I will get some good reading done on my D. Halberstam book of the 50's. I have an essay due next Monday.

did you know Ricky Nelson was the Ricky Nelson from Ozzie & Harriet??? I never realized that:


alright, gotta run...it's finally nice outside...right after hailing.

No comments: