Friday, May 23, 2008

Orchestre Régional de Kayes


I can't remember if I ever posted about this record...but even if I already have, I would like to say that it is excellent!

(this is where I had posted a great review of this album but was accused of copyright infringement and was threatened by some Dr. guy...ah well)

I would also like to take back what I said about SUMMERTIME starring Katherine Hepburn. I would like to say that it is a gorgeous film that really idealizes Venice in a special way. There are also all kinds of especially strange moments of silence and just general akwardness that is pulled off with a hush. What I couldn't stand about this film is the stupid 1950's overacting...it was hard to watch.

Anyways, Pizza Club was tasty today...Mariella "lala" Luz, Michael Elvin, Shawn "Pizza Club" Parke, & Kendra Hadlock were there! still wish Benny P. could have made it to that one Pizza Club. ah well.


GINO WASHINGTON!
I got this LP a few weeks back and it is the shittttt!



look here from some Gino tracks

Ness & I are almost caught up on LOST season 4! only 2 more episodes to go! they have been pretty damn good so far. wish Trish could be here.

I am thinking I might attend the Mikrofest 8 tomorrow at the HALL OF THE WOODS...some good bands are playing: FOQUE MOPUS, PROBLEMS, VIBRARIANS, DESOLATION WILDERNESS, and much more! plus it's a roller skating party!

I have to read PEYTON PLACE by Grace Metalious this weekend which should be fun...it's also a 3 day weekend and that means I don't even have school on Monday! Yes!

also, this picture is great


I am using it for a wiki page I am working on for a final project about Hi-Fi recording.

Mariella & Elvin gave me a deluxe copy of THERE WILL BE BLOOD that features a documentary called THE STORY OF PETROLEUM! can't wait to watch that.

alright, well...time to catch the 45.

love



1 comment:

Unknown said...

To whom it may concern:
Please immediately remove the text on your website at http://batcaveparty.blogspot.com/2008/05/orchestre-rgional-de-kayes-i-cant.html related to the album release by Mississippi Records of the Orchestre Regional de Kayes. The text is copied from my review at http://www.radioafrica.com.au/Classics/Kayes.html, which is copyrighted. You are illegally infringing my copyright as you have not sought my permission to publish my work. I will seek legal action if the text is not removed.

I am in no way associated with Mississippi Records, whose release of the Kayes orchestra represents an illegal “bootleg”. The proprietors, Eric Isaacson and Warren Hill, do not have the copyright permission required by law to commercially release the recording. As such, they are acting illegally. Due to the lack of copyright, all sales and profits will benefit Mississippi Records exclusively, while the musicians of the orchestra will receive absolutely nothing and are powerless to prevent the release of their songs. Given the difficulties that many African musicians face, I find it repellent that Mississippi Records can profit from the sale of the LP without paying one cent in royalties to the original musicians. Mississippi Records are acting in an exploitative manner, and you should not be supporting such a business or their activities.

Dr. Graeme Counsel