Monday, March 16, 2009

1 of 3 Absolut Vodka commercials by ZACH GALLFINAKIS, TIM & ERIC.

So I finally got the Dinosaur L LP and it had the wrong version of the song (Go Bang!) that I wanted which was the reason for buying the record. So I found the 12" version of it (produced by Francois K) and it was relatively cheap.... and totally killer! They're totally different songs, and in the past few days I have grown to like the original just as much if not better! Arthur Russell's singing on the LP version is a sort of excited desperation.... and very rhythmic.

I also will also be getting the 12" single for MIKE T.'s Do It Any Way You Wanna !!!!! Oh shitttt....

Ness & I visited the Helm Gallery in Tacoma on Saturday, or the sidewalk in front of the Helm Gallery... cause that place was closed! It was full of very strange laboratory looking shit and a bunch of empty beer cans and all the lights were on. So we went next door to this fairly exciting antique toy store. I saw a bunch of cool stuff... but I was not there to spend, unfortunately.

Fortunately we ended up at House of Records just up the hill and I found a mint copy of Prince's Batman Soundtrack on vinyl and Partyman has never sounded sooo good!

blah blah blah records records......


speaking of records, we got the Joey Casio disco plate last week and it is sooo good. I can't wait to DJ that record, although I probably won't do it if he ends up coming into the QB... would that weird him out?

the weather in Olympia this past weekend was a drag... and so were the movies I watched: MARNIE by Hitchcock starring Sean Connery & Tippi Hendrick, WRITTEN ON THE WIND by Douglas Sirk starring Rock Hudson, Lauren Bacall, & that dude from Unsolved Mysteries, & DANGEROUS LIASONS by Frears starring John Malkovich, Glen Close, Uma Thurman, Michelle Phiefer, & Keanu Reeves. ugggghhhh what a freakish piece of shit accident that I watched all of these movies in a row! I feel like I need to sit in the woods for a week.

I got a Walkman the other day for $7 and that's been exciting. I haven't heard music outside of home or the office in a while. OK .... I have to go to sleep

No comments: