Sunday, November 20, 2011

TEACH ME TO FORGET

I started this tape at the beginning of September 2011 because I had already gone months without making a fun mix tape, but at that point I was not comfortable with making tapes around any other people so I waited... and waited even longer.  On November 1st songs were removed and added and removed again until I had enough wine that I just went with it.  Most of these songs are a bunch of favorites, which is quite unusual for me.  This tape has some funky transitions and I wouldn't expect anyone else to like this, especially for the random songs of deep heartbreak, but that's OK because I made this tape for me. I'm funky, heartbroken, & I've always been a fan of bad transitions in music.

I DJ-ed the Olympia Record Show last night and found Juju by Siouxsie & the Banshees, as well as the SON OF DRACULA soundtrack by Harry Nilsson (even came with the iron on!  BITE ME!) which has my favorite song by him, "Daybreak."  I was happy to add these songs to the B Side.  I was supposed to get a lot of reading done on my GYPSIES OF EASTERN EUROPE book that I have to write a paper about, but instead I just distracted myself with something that's far more important to my well being.  Making tapes is an important therapeutic event in my life.  I hope I never stop.

I just got the Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home cookbook in the mail!  So many pastas, soups, salads, stews, stir-fries, etc!

Tonight I made my 3rd batch of pico de gallo in 2 weeks.  I'm obsessed, ritualistic, and rather healthy living this way.  I feel my body beating all the sickness I see in Olympia.  This is the cure, the answer, and the future.  Maybe I should make pico de gallo commercially?  What else am I going to do with my life?  Professional cat-petter?

This Sunday makes two weeks of zero social networking in my life & I already feel a lot better, more curious, and more optimistic.  Now I just need to get back into running, stretching, & doing my push-ups and stuff again.  I went swimming at TESC and that was pretty nice.  Routines!  The ROUTINES!

Prepare for: Presentation on COMMUNIST ALBANIA!


No comments: